Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Disney Time Again!

I am finally getting back to some of my Disney layouts! I planned these eons ago but just got around to them at a crop last weekend. The series of layouts I will show you over the next week or so were really a challenge to me - and I thought they were going to be so easy! When we were at Disney I picked up just about every pack of Disney paper they were selling - and in the stacks were these photograph sheets from each of the parks. So I have been dying to use them but when I sat down to do them it was hard to find a balance between placing the pictures without covering up the background! And it took me all day - but I am pleased with how they came out!

The details: 

This is paper showcasing Mickey's house at Magic Kingdom - which I hear is no longer there  - aww poor Mickey! (The economy is so bad he's homeless! but I digress.) I was in a bit of a photo corner mood but instead of using them I used these great Mickey head brads from Queen & Co that I picked up at CKC Buffalo. For the title I used Mickey font, cut at 1 inch in red and shadowed in yellow. And so you can see it closer....
I used a Mickey glove brad for the comma! I so love these brads (Have we talked about my brad "problem"?? If I don't call it addiction they can't be taken away from me!). And I also added a Mickey button (also from Queen & Co) so that I could enter myself in Kate's Challenge over at Paper Craft Weekend Challenge! Who knew a layout so simple could take so long?! I have a few more of these to share so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. This is great Allison - I have trouble using background papers like this, but you've inspired me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I know the feeling about using the papers. I too bought all the paper I ould find, and now, I dont want to use them. I've been struggling, but now maybe I can give it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete