Friday, April 8, 2011

Altered Gift Bag

We interrupt these layouts with a quick craft that I have of late found more necessary to create, especially since this weekend will be the second Saturday of this month with back to back birthday parties *SIGH*. Both Joy from Obsessed With Scrapbooking and Nadia from With Glittering Eyes featured bags in recent posts so this is one of my attempts. The party is to go see the movie Hop so I wanted to incorporate that into the bag.


The details:

The egg is (obviously perhaps) from Easter 2010, cut at 5.30. For the letters I used Mickey Font but I did some major tweaking to them on the G to get them to fit in the egg shape and look like the movie logo. I unlocked height and width, played with the skew a little, and rotated them slightly. Then I still had to do some "cricut surgery" and trim the H and the P with scissors. Then of course I had to use Elegant Edges for the background, and that is sized at 7.20 inches. The name is spelled out in a stickers from an old pack of stacker stickers I got at Michael's for 99 cents.  A closeup:


I don't think you can see in the picture but the egg is cut on DCWV glitter cardstock, and the background paper is DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack. The letters were cut with papers from my scraps. Well, I hope you enjoyed this brief commercial break, as I believe we will be back to layouts soon!

3 comments:

  1. So, so very cute! Love the way you tied your gift bag in with the movie theme...genius! Love the bright,happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute!! Your egg really does look like the movie logo! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete