Sunday, May 1, 2011

Some quick teacher gifts

I have been busy with a play and Teacher Appreciation Week snuck up on me without a lot of warning, but I have a few ideas to share with you if it crept up on you too! My daughter is in an inclusive kindergarten classroom so there are many teachers and aides that I like to remember in some small way so I am always on the hunt for a cost effective thank you!

I was at the local Dollar Tree and spotted these metal bookmarks in the craft section, and I was very impressed with the quality of them (almost as much as the price!).


With some scrap paper, ribbon, and a cricut cut they are instantly turned into a pretty gift!

The details:
The apple is from Create a Critter and I hid contour on the face of the top layer, and instead used a Peachy Keen face Stamp. It was cut at 1.5 inches. The plaid paper is perhaps from a DCWV fall stack (it was from my scraps drawer so not entirely sure) and the ribbon is by American Crafts.

This project reminded me of one I did in September with the same apple, and I think it would be a wonderful teacher/aide gift this week. These are Post It Holders and you can see a tutorial I did on them here (you would just skip the parts pertaining to the shaker fronts. I believe these apples were probably at least 2 inches but I really have no idea! I used black paper and white pen to simulate a chalkboard effect.



Well I hope you got an idea or two and made it worth your visit! No more plays until the next school year which means more time to craft!

8 comments:

  1. Please don't make me want to drive to the Dollar Tree... too late. Have to now!

    So cute-- the way you wrapped them.

    Enjoy your break from the plays! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there -- I was out searching for Teacher Appreciation gift ideas and ran across your project here -- I'm hosting a Teacher Appreciation Link Party all week and added it to the list of goodies. Thanks so much for the idea and hope my viewers come to visit your blog. Stop by if you can....
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/05/teacher-appreciation-ideas-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both projects,,don't you love when you find good things at the dollar store to work with??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea for a Teacher or Teachers aides.... Very Cute Set! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your gift ideas for this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been chosen to receive a blog award. You will need to post 8 things about yourself and award to 15 other deserving bloggers.

    http://myamusinglife.blogspot.com/2011/05/first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your wonderful projects! You are so talented! Please visit my blog, I have something for you...
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete