Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Simple "40" Favors

Well of course I couldn't let there be just one type of favor at the party, could I?? So if you take another look at yesterday's picture, there were a few sweet treats in there for the guests with a sweet tooth. I had to keep them simple as well - since I was running out of time!


The details:
I found some red cherry gummy slices at the grocery store - so to make this favor, I put two in a bag, cut out a blackout shape at 4 inches from Elegant Edges and added my welded "40" from Elegant Cakes. I believe I didn't mention in my last post that I used red vinyl for all the "40"s on my favors. It cuts beautifully and I don't have to worry about adhesive  - it works as your own quick sticker!


I also filled these clear plastic tubes with red and white M and Ms. I have been obsessed with them ever since I saw them on the Circle blog , and I was fortunate enough to find them at CKC Buffalo (although I have seen them at ACMoore too!). These were a huge hit with the kids.

I simply added a white vinyl belly band and added a "40" in the center. I did change it up a little and I used the zero from Wall Decor and More because I wanted to have the scrolly tail on the end. They were so easy to throw together and I am dying to find more of these at a great price! If you come across a super deal - we could be new BFFs!

Up next will be the table decorations, more red and more vinyl , but that probably doesn't surprise you by now!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Allison I love all your party favor ideas. They turned out great! I need to use vinyl more often. It's so easy to cut and like you said, no need for adhesive.

    ReplyDelete